GETTING OFF TO A GOOD START FROM THE OFFICE OF NICHELLE PAYNE
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU HELP YOUR CHILD GET OFF TO A GOOD START THIS SCHOOL YEAR.
HERE ARE SIX WAYS THAT MIGHT HELP YOU GET STARTED.
1.Get to know your child's teacher (s) as soon as possible. You know your child best. Share your knowledge with the teacher. Does your child have a special interest? Are there areas where you see your child needing special help? Do not wait until parent conference time to make that all-important contact.
2. Do not hesitate to speak with the teacher about sensitive isssues. Remember, that what goes on at home can affect the student's performance in the classroom.
3. Please make certain that your child gets enough rest. Tired children can not do their best work.
Consistency is the key here: Set a bedtime hour and stick to it.
4. Be familiar with what the school expects of your child. e.g. how much homework will there be?
5. Limit television watching. Study after study concludes that those children who do the best in school watch the least TV.
6. Please do not hesitate to telephone me here at the Counseling Center if you have any questions or concerns. I am here to help resolve your problems.
Quoted from "Middle School Parent Guidebook"-by Linda O'Brien
IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT YOUR CHILD ATTEND SCHOOL ON A CONSISTENT BASIS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE MAXIMUM BENEFITS OF DAILY SEQUENTIAL INSTRUCTION.
Education Is Everybody Business!!!!